Thursday, February 19, 2015

Please include more women!

My letter to the Who Is...?/Who Was...? series


I have been working through the women of the Who Was series with my 8-year-old daughter and we LOVE it. We are nearly finished, with great sadness and hope that you will consider adding more women.  Because nearly all education focuses on HIStory, I have decided to teach my daughter the opposite way: HERstory with men in the background.


Currently, it looks like only 1/4th of your books are about women.  I'd love to see it be at least half to right some of the wrongs women have experienced in being largely written out of HIStory.  Every time we finish a book, I end up in tears - because these are NOT stories I grew up reading about. 


Emma Goldman, Ida Wells and Elizabeth Cady Stanton are just a few suggestions.


Thank you for your consideration,
Trista Hendren


Please join me in making a similar request to this series.  Their web address is  and it looks like there are also some cool features/games that I was unaware of.


www.whowasbookseries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment