Thursday, April 3, 2014

Do you believe?

One afternoon, my youngest daughter drew this picture and shared it with me; I was truly astounded!! Her drawings never cease to amaze me, she has a gift and she really goes within her imagination to create some of the most interesting drawings I have ever seen. In this piece, she drew a Mermaid, and how her discovery prompted intrigue with the onlookers; however the Mermaid did not seem to be fazed by it at all. She smiled and seemed to take it all with ease, maybe knowing deep inside that she would be okay regardless of anyone else's reactions. What would it be like to see something we may or may not believe in? They say that things that cannot be seen are much harder to believe in, but I don't think so. We don't see much representation of Goddess energy or the Divine feminine, but we know it exists. We see it all around us and many people are remembering that the Goddess was always there; waiting to be remembered, waiting to be revered again. It may be hard to believe in Mermaids; for the simple fact that I have never seen one in my life, but the image came from somewhere! All of the images created in celebration of the Divine feminine came from somewhere; we may not have seen them long ago, but someone did and they drew likenesses; to remember them and celebrate the images of the Divine feminine. Perhaps we can think of mermaids as Goddesses of the ocean; like Yemaya for instance; protecting, cleansing and renewing with her powers just as the ocean does in the Full Moon's energy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment